Tuesday, April 23, 2013

"Our God, who sits upon the throne, has the power to save his people, and so does the Lamb."

"Our God, who sits upon the throne, has the power to save his people, and so does the Lamb."

We all have something in our lives that has died.we all have an area of our lives that is our Thabitha. Something that we cared for a part of our lives that was righteous and good.
A relationship, an attitude, a service that we offered others. Something in our past that has died because we got hurt. Felt unappreciated, ran out of energy.

Today God wants to resurrect your Tabitha.
Like the Jews you are walking through life questioning God's power to save. Because of these dead areas in your life. Like the Jews we fail to understand the Messiah because we fail to see His hand at work in our lives. We are quick to forget.
Maybe your Tabitha is just that...your memory of God's might had died because you look around at the mess of this world and say "whats the point? We have lived good lives. We have made garments of righteousness for ourselves and others. But where has that got us." We live in fear and we doubt God's power. Oh we believe in God. Only a fool wouldn't. But we doubt that His power to save is sufficient.

This morning I call you to  follow the example of st Peter and put everything else out of ypu mind and focus on your Dorcus your Tabitha...and kneel down before God and pray. This morning we are not in a talk shop...we are in the Throne room of God.right niw we are going to pray

Lord God will you clear my mind of all the things of this world.
Send out the widows that represent the acceptance of the death of the areas of my spiritual life that you want to awaken today.
Lord God reveal my Dorcus my Tabitha to me that I may see it clearly in my life.

Now give me the courage to say...
Tabitha get up...
Now give me the courage to take this area of my life into hand and to put it to work for you again.

Thank you Jesus  for rising from the dead so that you could raise me from the dead and rekindle in me the things that life had taken from me. My joy my peace my hope.
Thank you Jesus for raising my Tabitha today. And may I and many others come to believe in your power to save through this today.

No comments:

Post a Comment