Friday, October 21, 2011

From the Rectors Desk 21 Oct 2011


To the Beloved in Christ:
Now that I am over 40, I wait the wisdom that they say comes with age. Last year they told me that life begins at 40 and I must say that that that is not far from the truth. In fact life begins each day when we are prepared to face it,
accept the challenges and look for the good that God has install for us. Change and challenge never stop confronting us and it is my prayer that you will seek God’s will in every aspect of your life and with every challenge that comes your way. I am still very much a “work in progress” but my faith gives me hope that I am not alone and that God’s grace is sufficient for me.
Two exciting things have developed this week and I ask you to pray for the HABSR project in Kinross where we are rolling out the vegetable gardens as phase one, we have started teaching at Thistlegrove every Tuesday and Jackie Musuku and I will be doing education on food security, the methodology of the gardens, the environment and through this inspiring the young people and their parents to take education seriously and hopefully develop their life skills in a meaningful way.
In Evander we are in the early stages of setting up a new community based
organisation to address the needs of the Evander community.
At present at least as an interim measure I will need to take responsibility for the ISIBINDI sites at Kathorus and Standerton and ask you prayers and support ( I could really do with an admin assistant a few days a month to help me with this).
May you have a blessed week—Fr.

No comments:

Post a Comment